Sriracha Bacon Potato Salad Recipe
The perfect side addition to your summer BBQ. Everybody needs a side dish and this one will do absolute JUSTICE. We grew up enjoying potato salad, but regular ole potato salad. Fortunately for all of us, the addition of bacon and sriracha takes the potato salad to another level! So lets get this party rolling shall we? We’re gonna start from scratch using whole potatoes. Not the premade stuff you can find at your local grocery store, although if you’re really lazy that might do if you added bacon and Sriracha… But since you’re here, that probably means you’re ready to do some work right!?!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 2.5 TBSP white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup quality mayo [homemade or store-bought]
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1.5 TBSP Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- paprika, to taste
Getting down to business:
- Peel potatoes and chop into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water, about 1 inch above the potatoes.
- Set burner to high and bring water to a boil.
- While you wait, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and top with 3-4 slices of bacon. Set oven to 400 degrees F and place the baking sheet inside [no need to pre-heat] on the center rack. Bake for 20 minutes until crispy and golden. Alternatively you can fry the bacon if you prefer.
- Once a rolling boil is reached, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are fork tender. [approx. 8 minutes]
- Drain potatoes and move to a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt and vinegar and combine gently with a rubber spatula/bowl scraper.
- Allow to cool slightly, letting the potatoes sit for around 15 minutes.
- Combine mayonaise, sour cream, and sriracha chili sauce in a small bowl.
- Once the potatoes have cooled a bit, fold in using the rubber spatula.
- If you’d like spicier spuds, feel free to add extra sriracha to the mix. Made as written, the recipe is zesty but not quite face-kicking spicy. We’ll leave that up to you! Mwah!
- Top with crispy bacon, chopped green onion, and paprika and serve at room temperature.
- Serve alongside your trusty bottle of Sriracha so anyone willing to walk on the wild side (it’s delicious!) can turn up the heat with a little extra kick!
- Take pictures. Show off to friends. Gain respect.